David Ford Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Our consulting engineers and scientists help clients solve problems related to too much water, too little water, or water of undesirable quality.
Our services include:
- Watershed engineering analysis
- River hydraulics analysis
- Reservoir system analysis
- Project benefit/risk analysis
- Real-time forecasting
- Flood warning systems
- Decision support systems
- Comstock's magazine featured David Ford, president of the firm, in a cover story, "Water Wise Man."
- In partnership with the US Army Corps of Engineers' Hydrologic Engineering Center and the Environmental Systems Research Institute, we enhanced the computer program HEC-GeoRAS by developing the "update elevation tool." The update elevation tool allows users to incorporate field survey data into cross sections that were previously cut from a digital elevation model (DEM) or triangulated irregular network (TIN) data. Click here to watch a video that demonstrates the tool.
- We implemented the Corps Water Management System (CWMS) at the Sacramento, Galveston, and St. Paul districts of the US Army Corps of Engineers. Our work was part of the Accelerated CWMS Deployment Campaign, funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. In addition to implementing CWMS for the American River (CA), Buffalo Bayou (TX), and Red River (MN, ND) watersheds, we helped the Corps' Hydrologic Engineering Center manage the campaign. Overall, CWMS was implemented at 11 Corps districts across the nation. The campaign began in 2009 and was completed in early 2011.
- We received the American Society of Civil Engineers Employer Recognition Award for encouraging our young engineers to grow professionally through the society.
- ZweigWhite placed us on The Zweig Letter Hot Firm List. The list recognizes the most successful engineering, architecture, and environmental consulting firms in terms of revenue and earnings growth.